Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Week: Ups and Downs

I have discovered this semester that within a weeks time that one's mood can start on an high go through a valley to the lowest depths then rise triumphantly in the end. Unfortunately, this triumphant ending is sadly a misconception for the fear of going through another tumultuous week is always present. It seems to make little to no difference that this can very well happen though when one is in that happy moment.

I wont go into much details but this week has been quite critical. I started out with high hopes for the future on Monday, however by the end of the day I realized that success isn't guaranteed no matter how prepared one can be. Although they can make every effort to study it seems that it all boils down to in the end whether you were correct or incorrect. Regardless, with the help of many people around me throughout the week and a surprising A on my Chinese test, I soon recovered from that critical blow in Organic Chemistry and realized that there is new hope for tomorrow.

Ultimately, coming up in the near future is another attempt to reach the mark and attempt to regain the "phosphorescence of learning" (Emily Dickenson said that in a short story of sorts). I hope that something does turn up in this matter.

No comments: