Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Summer Plans: (1)

It seems that I may have been offered accepted into the HSURP (Honors Summer Undergraduate Research Program) for Summer 2008. The program says that it will last from May 27th (looks like the same time HHMI starts) until July 22 (a week before HHMI ends).

It is going to be amazing to see the contrasts between HHMI and HSURP. Ironically I am going to be research with the same professor I had for HHMI and a project that looks and sounds most spectacular. Although the amount of stipend is considerable less (50%, HHMI we got $3000, HSURP only $1500, zomg this is literally a step downwards, BBSI gets the most with $3500, it seems and this other CSBSI program gets $4000!!!).

Obviously, they seem to value the research interests in the program so it will be interesting to see what will be done. I have been desiring a way to continue to launch into my undergraduate research and this seems to be yet another program to launch me into that career of pursuing my future goal in life: To perform research.


----------------
Now playing: Selena - Dreaming of You
via FoxyTunes

No comments: