Friday, April 4, 2008

St. Andrews

Usually I don't get too descriptive of my various endeavors in the realm of extracurricular activities. But lately, I have been having exciting thoughts and massive fun with one such event. The events that I take part in at St. Andrews school is quite fun.

At St. Andrews, which is located about two blocks away from the main VCU Monroe Park campus, we (usually about three other students either in Bioinformatics or an education major) guide the fifth graders (and usually a mix of other grades) through various science labs. The last lab we conducted involved the making of tree vests, so that the students can show their love of trees.

I think it is a quite fun endeavor mainly because the students have this infinite reservoir of energy that seems to emanate and sap my energy. Sometimes, I can come there with the highest amount of energy and I will leave feeling as tired as ever. I do have a bit of fun with them, they are so funny and sometimes say the weirdest things. Other times you would think they were in high school with the knowledge that they posses. I cant wait to go again and help out.



----------------
Now playing: TLC - Waterfalls
via FoxyTunes

No comments: