Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day

Christmas Day is perhaps one of those most hyped events of the year. In my opinion, there is too much anticipation that leads up to this day. Sure, the ability and chance to gather with friends and family and eat bountiful amounts of food is nice, but when you look at the events surrounding this, it can be overwhelming. For example, people only officially get Christmas Day off, but most people sacrifice all of their vacation time to take not only the day before Christmas off, but also several days after it. This is very problematic for those who are unable to take days off, for when Christmas falls on Tuesday through Thursday, then they are cheated.

After experiencing, several years of receiving gifts that did not relate to technology (clothes), I have learned never to have high expectations for this time of the year. Sure, I would have loved to receive a Playstation 3 or some games, but being that I have never received much in the way of a game for Christmas, asking for this would have been too much. I was even more shocked over the fact that because we pay about $2000 a semester for me to live in Richmond to go to school for free, that I would not receive anything, even clothes. Some how, my parents surprised me and got me about several outfits, and my relatives sent a few cash options.

Christmas Day concluded, after this bountiful offering of gifts, with me being able to experience the joy of eating out with the family. It was a nice "potluck" dinner of sorts with everyone bringing some dish. I personally loved the egg rolls. As I have told my friends and everyone knows, I am pretty adamant about my grandmas cooking. It, as always is, the most satisfying cooking on earth and she did not fail to exceed my expectations. I love it.

I thought yesterday, although over hyped, as always, was quite a nice time to gather with the family and friends.



----------------
Now playing: Shiny Toy Guns - You Are The One
via FoxyTunes

No comments: