Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Beginning

The first year of college has been completed and the grades are finally beginning to pour in. The first year of school at Virginia Commonwealth University has been something that was life defining and perhaps very intriguing to say the least. From the joyous times to the depressing times, I managed to finally define myself and discover truly what living is about. Although there was little guidance, I do feel that I managed to succeed this year.

My time at home thus far has been quite a change from the fast pace of life at school. Usually at school, I would have been out at anytime walking around with friends, eating at weird hours, or simply in the room watching my favorite shows on Fox or Jetix. Here at home, however, it has been quite different. Rather than watching much TV, I still manage to catch key episodes of American Idol and Heroes (both of which end next week), I have spent much of the time talking to friends on the AOL Instant Messenger or either playing video games or simply watching videos and surfing the internet all day long. I managed to go to a friend's house (DeAnna) on today so that was a welcome change of pace. It was quite fun seeing her. I haven't seen her in nearly a year (perhaps the last time was a little after graduation or at her birthday at Captain Georges and the late night trip to Virginia Beach afterwards, who knows). But no doubt, tonight we had a bit of fun, I hope. Lakeisha was there also, so we definitely had quite a ball with out makeshift photo shoot and TV watching.

All in all, my break has turned out to be quite the opposite from life at VCU. Currently I do wish to return to VCU, for there I feel like there is some purpose, some goal, some sort of urgency and business with life. At home it is like time stands still while the world revolves around me, perhaps that is how I feel currently, living a life with no urgency at home. I do go back to VCU in about two weeks for the summer research program.

No comments: